Saturday, December 25, 2010

Veselé Vianoce

Just a quick Merry Christmas and Veselé Vianoce from Lučenec!

I had a wonderful day getting to know the Slovak traditions for Christmas holidays here yesterday with my host family and spent most of my day in Cinobaňa today.

Here is a typical Slovak Christmas menu (or at least what we had for dinner last night):

A Krumkake type bread with garlic and honey
Cabbage soup with sausage
Carp with a creamy potato salad

...and Christmas Stollen for breakfast!

And Christmas wouldn't be complete without a church service (or two... or three) I went to a Lutheran church service yesterday afternoon, a Catholic mass at 10:30pm and Baptist church this morning!

Finally, here's a lovely screen shot of my first Christmas via Skype with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment